When You Love Someone who Is Not Ready To Love You back
I loved him when he was still healing from someone else.
I knew it. I saw it in how he would go quiet after we laughed. I saw it in how he kept his phone face-down. I saw it in how he said "I like you" but never "I need you".
But I stayed. Because I thought my love could be enough to fix him.
Ladies, let me tell you what I learned the hard way – you cannot love someone into loving you.
When a man is not ready, your extra love will not make him ready. Your extra patience will not make him ready. Your extra beauty, your extra cooking, your extra forgiving – it will not make him ready.
He has to be ready on his own. In his own silent season.
And while you wait for him to be ready, you are breaking yourself. You are shrinking your own heart to fit into his unhealed spaces.
If you are reading this and you are loving someone who is half there, hear me: You are not hard to love. He is just not ready to love anyone properly yet – not even himself.
So what do you do?
You stop waiting. You pull your energy back. You go back to your own garden and you bloom alone.
Because the right love will never make you feel like you are begging to be chosen. The right love chooses you loudly, even when you are silent.
Let him go heal. And you – go heal too.
You deserve a love that is ready.

Comments
Post a Comment