When Healing Feels Lonely - What No One Tells You


 Healing is lonely.

No one tells you that part.

They tell you "time heals" and "stay strong" – but they don't tell you that at 2 AM in Durban, when your child is sleeping, you will sit alone with your thoughts and wonder if you will ever feel normal again.

I am there right now. And if you are too, this is for you.

1. Healing is not a straight line

Yesterday I felt powerful. I posted my story, I smiled, I cooked, I felt okay. Today I woke up and cried in the shower. That doesn't mean I failed. It means healing comes in waves. Some days you swim, some days you sink, but you are still in the ocean moving forward.

2. You will outgrow people while healing

As I heal, I speak less. I go out less. I say no more. Some friends don't understand why I am quiet now. But healing needs space. You cannot heal in the same noise that broke you. It's okay to be alone for a season.

3. Loneliness is not abandonment

Being alone while healing is not punishment. It is preparation. God / Life is removing the noise so you can hear yourself again. So you can remember who you were before someone told you you were "too much."

If you feel lonely today, do this with me:

Put your hand on your heart. Breathe. Say: "I am not alone, I am with myself. And for now, that is enough."

You are not behind. You are not broken. You are healing. And healing takes time.

We are healing together.

With love,


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Being a Single Mom Taught Me About Strength

The Day I Stopped Trying to Prove Myself to Everyone

The Day I Stopped Waiting to Be Chosen