The Night I Stopped Apologizing For Being Too Emotional ‎

 

I used to say sorry for crying.

‎Sorry for texting too much.

‎Sorry for feeling too much.

‎Sorry for loving too hard.

‎Sorry for being too sensitive.

‎I thought if I became smaller, quieter, less emotional – someone would finally stay.

‎One night, I was on the floor of my bathroom, crying about a man who didn't even ask if I was okay. And my phone lit up. My friend said: "You are not too emotional. You just felt everything in a place that felt nothing."

‎That was the night I stopped apologizing.

‎Ladies, being emotional is not your weakness. It is your superpower.

‎You feel when others are numb. You notice when others pretend. You love when others play games.

‎They call you "too much" because they have too little to give.

‎From that night, I made a promise:

‎I will not say sorry for having a soft heart in a hard world.

‎I will not shrink my feelings to make someone comfortable.

‎I will not apologize for tears that are healing me.

‎If my emotions scare you, you are not meant for my depth.

‎And to you reading this – if you have ever been called too emotional, too sensitive, too clingy – hear me:

‎You are not too much. You are just deeply feeling in a world that forgot how to feel.

‎Stop apologizing. Start blooming.

‎Your softness is not a flaw. It is your Silent Bloom.

‎

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Being a Single Mom Taught Me About Strength

The Day I Stopped Trying to Prove Myself to Everyone

The Day I Stopped Waiting to Be Chosen