The Last Time You Decided To Go While I was Still Loving You

 

 The Last Time You Decided to Go While I Was Still Loving You

‎There are some goodbyes you never prepare for.

‎You can feel them coming. You can notice the silence growing between two people, the conversations becoming shorter, and the laughter slowly disappearing. Yet when the moment finally arrives, your heart still hopes it isn't real.

‎That was how it happened with us.

‎I remember the evening you told me you were leaving.

‎We were sitting across from each other, but somehow you felt farther away than ever before. I kept looking at you, waiting for you to smile and tell me that everything would be okay.

‎‎Instead, you quietly said, “I think we should let each other go.”

‎I stared at you.

‎I wanted to ask you why.

‎I wanted to remind you of every beautiful memory we had created together. The late-night conversations. The silly jokes. The plans we made for the future. The moments when we promised that nothing would ever come between us.

‎But I couldn't find the right words.

‎Because while you had already made your decision, I was still trying to understand how the person I loved could suddenly become someone who wanted to leave.

‎“Do you still love me?” I finally asked.

‎‎You looked away.

‎‎That silence answered me.

‎The hardest part wasn't that you decided to go.

‎It was knowing that you made that decision while I was still choosing you.

‎I was still willing to fight for us.

‎I was still willing to forgive.

‎I was still imagining our future.

‎You were already imagining a life without me.

‎That night, after you left, I sat alone with all the memories we had created. Everything around me looked the same, but nothing felt the same anymore.

‎Your absence filled every room.

‎For days, I kept expecting your message.

‎I would reach for my phone whenever it made a sound, hoping it was you.

‎Sometimes it was.

‎But it was never the message I wanted.

‎Eventually, I understood something painful: love cannot always convince someone to stay.

‎You can love someone sincerely and still lose them.

‎You can give everything you have and still discover that it isn't enough to make someone choose you.

For a long time, I blamed myself.

‎I wondered what I could have done differently.

‎Maybe I should have listened more.

‎Maybe I should have said “I love you” more often.

‎Maybe I should have tried harder.

‎But eventually, I realized that a relationship cannot be carried by one person alone.

‎I had been holding onto a door that you had already decided to close.

‎So I stopped asking why you left.

‎Instead, I started asking myself why I was afraid to let you go.

‎And slowly, I began to heal.

‎Not because I stopped caring about you overnight, but because I finally understood that loving someone doesn't mean abandoning yourself when they choose a different path.

‎You were once a beautiful chapter of my life.

‎But you were never supposed to be the entire story.

‎And if I could speak to you one last time, I wouldn't ask you to come back.

‎I would simply say:

‎**“You decided to leave while I was still loving you. It hurt more than you will ever know. But one day, I realized that your goodbye wasn't the end of my story. It was the beginning of learning how to choose myself.”**

‎Sometimes the person who leaves takes a piece of your heart with them.

‎But with time, you discover something unexpected.

‎You can build a new heart from the pieces they left behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Being a Single Mom Taught Me About Strength

The Day I Stopped Trying to Prove Myself to Everyone

The Day I Stopped Waiting to Be Chosen